At a point like this in ones life, it may be a bit cliché to say I am “filled with many mixed emotions.” But, my god, is that the truth!!! I am so incredibly excited for this next step in my life, to meet new people, learn about a new community, and do whatever I can to lend a helping hand. BUT, it is always hard to say “goodbye” to the people AND places that I love.
It has been over a year since I sent in my application. Now I think back and try to imagine ways in which my senior year in college would have been different if I hadn’t decided to pursue the Peace Corps. For the past 13 months, I have known what my future held, and I definitely had to alter my lifestyle in preparation for what was to come. Regardless of anything I felt I may have missed out on this past year, I know it will be nothing in comparison to what I will experience in the next 27 months!!!
So, my bags are packed, and yes, I was able to do it… 2 years into 2 suitcases!!! I have got all the essentials, my video and digital camera, bathing suits, raincoat (rain season in April-January in
I sincerely hope that each and every one of you keeps in touch with me. I will be keeping you updated on what is happening in
I miss you all already…. Goodbye for now =)
Much Love,
Miche
p.s I can't figure out how to split up the paragraphs.... I will figure it out for next time =)
Email: maguilar317@gmail.com
Mailing Address for first 3 months (until mid November)
Michelle Aguilar
Cuerpo de Paz/Panamá
Edificio 104, 1er Piso
Avenida Vicente Bonilla
Ciudad del Saber, Clayton
Corregimiento de Ancon
Panamá, República de Panamá
- Days I can’t have visitors or travel anywhere
1.) First 6 months (until Feb. 13th)
2.) February 22-26, 2010
3.) March 22-25, 2010
4.) April 7-9, 2010
5.) June 7 – 11, 2010
6.) September 27 – 30, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment