Friday, September 16, 2011

The One About What I Have to Look Forward to

I recently found myself on the brink of tears, numerous times, when I think about having to leave Buena Esperanza. Within days, I am going to have to leave everything behind, everything that I have grown so comfortable with. This life, and this place is going to be so incredible hard to say goodbye to. Also, it doesn’t help that all I hear about the United States is how terrible the job market, or how hard it is going to be to re-adjust and how much has changed since I have been gone.

But I think most of you who know me well, know that I try (as much as possible) to think of the positives. So, instead of dwelling and feeling sorry for myself, I decided instead to do a 180 and think about all the things I have to look forward to. I decided to write them down, so I could refer to them when I get sad over the next few weeks.

I thought I would share my list with you all, because looking back at my recent posts, I think this blog can use some positive energy!

This is the list of some (not all) of things I have to look forward to when I get back to the states:


(Skype Picture from last Christmas)


• Family
• Friends
• The Lake
• The amazingness that is Trader Joes
• Good Tea
• Refrigeration
• Salads
• Blenders
• Air popper for popcorn
• Hot tub
• Pine Trees
• Laughing with my Pop
• Living with my brother
• Playing badminton with my mom
• Sitting on the porch watching the deer with T and Da
• Blending in
• Wearing my hair down
• Farmers Markets
• Being able to go to the bathroom without everyone asking where I am going
• Being able to go to the bathroom without being afraid of falling in
• Being able to go to the bathroom without having to put my rain jacket on
• Being able to go to the bathroom without having to check for snakes
• Taking a shower without shoes on
• Seasons
• Being able to leave whenever I want (no boat transportation or having to
rely on someone else)
• Ovens
• Speaking English
• Being cold
• Riding a bike
• Shoveling snow (never thought I would say that)
• Swimming
• Cheese
• Melted Cheese
• Baby carrots
• Sprinkles
• Comfortable beds
• Sleeping in
• Happy and healthy dogs
• Being able to see at night (lights)
• Swedish pancakes
• Tahoe sunsets
• Not having to burn my trash
• Hoodies
• Recycling
• Ant free; sugar, soup, oil… bed. Ant free EVERYTHING
• Scorpion free clothing.
• Easy access to information
• Laundromat in my house
• Privacy
• Personal space
• Stimulating conversations
• Hot water
• Cold water
• Frozen water (ice)
• Clean Water
• Water.



I have a lot to look forward to... I think I am ready to come home now =)

~Michelle

4 comments:

  1. You will be just fine, Michelle. Your rooting section at home have great confidence in you. I, for one, hope you continue your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a list! You can even play badminton with your mom, unless you are set on some naughty mitten game.
    While it is true that things are not rosy here, remember that it is always the exception that proves the rule. And you, my dear granddaughter, are surely the exception. Can't wait for you to be here.
    LYTTM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Precious Girl. Here are a few things that I'm looking forward to doing with you.
    Snow shoeing
    Going to Ross
    Going with you to Rotary and Avid (they both want you to give a presentation)
    Going to Sprouts for lunch
    Taco Night
    Coming to my shows
    Helping me with work
    Yoga
    Going to the movies
    Spending the afternoon at Sessions
    Helping you learn how to drive again
    Being able to talk to you everyday
    Being able to hug you everyday

    I am going to miss reading your blogs and hope that you will continue to write entries every so often. I am so proud of what you have accomplished for your community and what a wonderful woman you've become.
    I love you,
    Mom
    Be Safe

    ReplyDelete