Sunday, December 12, 2010

The One where she is Thankful

Though I am a few weeks past our assigned date of giving thanks, I still want to share this with you.

This volunteer experience has shown me ALL that I have to be thankful for, in my “old life” and “future life” in the United States. But this Thanksgiving I tried to think about the present rather that the past or future. Right now, what am I thankful for? Foremost , of course, there is my health, my family, friends, my education etc… But really, what gets me through a day in Buena Esperanza?

I am thankful for:

· Headlamps

· Kerosene

· Crocs Shoes

· Outdoor showers

· My walking stick

· Popcorn

· Coconut oil

· A combination of the previous 2

· Dictionaries

· Rubbing alcohol

· The fact that Ants float when they die

· Ylang ylang

· Iodine tablets

· My Banana tree

· Antivenom

· Hand sanitizer

· Pepto-Bismol

· Theobroma Cacao

· Hammocks

· My Minchi

· Rain

· Earplugs

· Coloring books

· The dock

· Dry bags

· Charcoal

· Textured soy

· Handkerchiefs

· Quick dry pants

· Life jackets

· Deodorant

· Hydrocortisone cream

· Grammar books

· SPF 30

· Multivitamins

· Propane

· Powdered milk

· Kenneth

Sometimes it is the small things that matter most. I am thankful today and every day for all of the above and more

Anytime is a good time to give thanks!

~Meti

4 comments:

  1. I am thankful for people like you, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please explain why ants floating or sinking at death is cause for thankfulness? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Also, I thought that your cat Minchi disapeared. Is this a new one or did it return?
    You are right--- anytime is a good time to give thanks. LYTTM

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I am thankful for YOU! I love you and miss you.
    Mom
    Be Safe

    ReplyDelete